• INSTINCTS 2014
  • INSTINCTS 2014Hakunamatata- Timon and Pumba
  • INSTINCTS 2014
  • INSTINCTS 2014
  • INSTINCTS 2014ROAD RUNNER
  • INSTINCTS 2014Release the Dragon
  • INSTINCTS 2014
  • INSTINCTS 2014
  • INSTINCTS 2014
  • INSTINCTS 2014Rocket is the real captain - Galactik Football
  • INSTINCTS 2014goku-super-saiyan-in-dragon-ball-z-burst-limit
  • INSTINCTS 2014jackie_chan_talismans
  • INSTINCTS 2014Naruto
  • INSTINCTS 2014Death Note
  • INSTINCTS 2014
  • INSTINCTS 2014
  • INSTINCTS 2014
  • INSTINCTS 2014The-Lion-King-3D
INSTINCTS 20141 INSTINCTS 20142 INSTINCTS 20143 INSTINCTS 20144 INSTINCTS 20145 INSTINCTS 20146 INSTINCTS 20147 INSTINCTS 20148 INSTINCTS 20149 INSTINCTS 201410 INSTINCTS 201411 INSTINCTS 201412 INSTINCTS 201413 INSTINCTS 201414 INSTINCTS 201415 INSTINCTS 201416 INSTINCTS 201417 INSTINCTS 201418

HARSHA speaks...

Sometimes, with just one page of writing, people can blow your mind away. This section is wholeheartedly dedicated to one such person - Harsha. He is a first year student of B.E. Computer Science Engineering at SSN. This young man moved us with his ability to look at the world and really SEE it from a different perspective.

A great man once said, "Silence is the language of God; all else is poor translation." 

Silence is Harsha's language; a language where there are no words of fallacy, no phrases of pretension and no long speeches of false conviction. 

In this column, Harsha talks to us about his world and all that goes on in it, without actually speaking. And in this process, he leaves all of us speechless.

Do read this letter written by him and give your comments. This touching piece of writing will really move you and take you to a self-introspection mode after which you'll look at the world around you from a whole new perspective!


To:
Mars One
Kakoi Towers
Idaho
USA-15351


13/12/13


From:
Melhr
Kalsidhar Mountain
Siberia

Most esteemed human,

Sub: Application for crew membership on the one-way trip to Mars.

My name is Melhr and I belong to the species Siberia Tigris. Other people know me as the Siberian tiger. I’m applying for the mission to Mars.

I was born in a cave in a mountain called Boi on 19th Jan, 2007. Due to an absence of schooling in my area, I was home schooled by my parents. I accept that the absence of a college degree is a handicap on this mission. However, I stake my claim, based on my survival skills.

The cold of Siberia often reaches the temperatures on the Martian surface. We, as a species have had to be extremely resourceful, for, the hostile landscape of Siberia offers very few resources. This promotes us to think more, collect extensive exploration skills, all of which will come in handy on Mars.

Apart from these skills, I offer you my strength, which surpasses that of most humans, my courage, my will power to survive, on my own. Our numbers (the Siberian tigers) have come down to a few. Down to a few dozen, that means we have adapted to being alone, to living in total isolation for months on end. Silence is our best friend; I believe this will be of a great asset on the mission-to have a crew member, who is dependable to keep quiet, to provide a pillar of mental stability for the crew.

I’m applying in the full knowledge that there will be no return journey. Our numbers have always been so low, that, living on the Earth or Mars will not make a difference. Finally, it’s your duty to make up a crew which represents the Earth, not just one species, on this history-changing journey.


Yours sincerely


Melhr 

3 comments:

  1. Intelligence!.Left me speechless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful :') I love your writing style Harsha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. u got a great future ahead Harsha :D

    ReplyDelete